The Nashoba Valley Chorale is inviting young voice students from the Nashoba Valley to audition to perform vocal solos at our Spring concert on Saturday, April 18, 2020.
Singers will be auditioning to perform the solos in Beethoven’s Mass in C, with the Nashoba Valley Chorale and a professional chamber ensemble, under the direction of Anne Watson Born, conductor.*
High school, Home school or College student in good standing (ages 15-25), currently enrolled in voice lessons, instrumental lessons or a school ensemble.
- Students must be available for a coaching with Ms. Watson Born on Monday March 23 or March 30, at First Baptist Church in Littleton.
- Students must be available for dress rehearsals on Wednesday April 15 and Thursday April 16, 2020, and the performance (Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 8pm). The dress rehearsals and performance will be held at Littleton High School, 56 King St., Littleton, MA 01460.
- Depending on the number of applicants, students may be asked to attend a callback with the Nashoba Valley Chorale on a date TBD.
- Fill out this Google form and hit “submit” when completed.
- Record a 2 minute selection of the student singing a Classical-era piece that demonstrates the student’s range and facility. We accept submissions in .wav, or .mp3 format. A link to a live YouTube video is also acceptable. The recording should be “dry”. Addition of digital reverb, pitch correction, or other audio effects post-recording will disqualify the submission.
- Send your file or link in an email to email@example.com. Be sure to put the student’s name and school in the subject line.
- Once we receive your email and Google form submission, we will send you a confirmation email.
Submissions are due by Friday, November 29, 2019 at 11:59pm.
There is no financial remuneration for this event, but the student(s) chosen will receive a recording of their performance.
Please contact Anne Watson Born, Music Director, Nashoba Valley Chorale, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
*NVC is under no obligation to choose a soloist if no candidates are qualified to sing in the performance.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Littleton Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Mass Cultural Council, a state agency.